We are seeking to hire Head of Talent Management. You will perform a range of duties including to oversee Talent acquisition, Talent development, Employee retention, and Employee mobility and performance management in supporting delivery of business results. The role includes custodianship for all policies, procedures and practices related to Talent Management and compliance to such policies. Furthermore, to ensure alignment of Talent Management initiatives to the business requirements and to advise and inform business decisions.
A critical success factor to this role is the ability to understand the strategic development of Telkom and ensure that the function adds value to the People Management agenda. This role is also responsible to develop and implement a Talent Management approach for Telkom. This approach needs to achieve talent mapping and succession planning.
- Act as custodian for the Talent Management budget and ensure good governance
- Optimise expenditure to third party providers who supply services to Telkom
- Examines workforce plans, understands the labour markets segments, skills, competencies and experience necessary that aligns to the business needs
- Continuous tracking and use of key metrics to drive continuous improvement and to make better decisions, to ultimately improve the quality of Talent Acquisition & Training function.
- In conjunction with HRPBs, deploy the end to end Performance management system including the appropriate plans for the various talent classifications within budget/timeframe
- Collaborate with HRBPs & business leaders to identify talent gaps, the existing talent capabilities and future requirements and develop an overarching Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Mobility philosophy
- Understand Telkom competence framework and deploy across leaders and individual contributors. Analyse and compare the level of competencies of the employees with the competencies needed to be successful in the role and translate eventual gaps in development programs, monitor and report effectiveness of programs
- Building a positive candidate experience, managing candidates expectations and maintaining relationships for those candidates who are not selected at present against a particular skill set, for future prospects
- Enhance productivity through effective design and implementation of identified Talent programs
- Design and implement learning philosophy which will include blended learning
- Recordkeeping of evidence of “best in class” training and related aspects
- Facilitate in house programs as per business need and roadmap through the adoption of diverse tools
- Responsible for maintaining an up to date job evaluation and maintenance of organization structures that reflects business reality
- Actively network within the Learning and Development community to stay abreast of latest development
- Manage the achievement of KPI’s for all team members & address non-performers within the team
- Ensure employee development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of learning initiatives
- Ensure whole PM process is managed in the PM system and the link between pay and performance is maintained
- Coach and mentor line managers to create understanding and meaning for HR training policy and the importance of compliance.
Academic background & Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field and registration as HR professional.
- 5-8 years’ experience covering all aspects of the HR discipline which 3 years need to be in Learning & Development & or Talent Management or Workforce Planning
- In-depth understanding of all HR aspects that impact on the business
- Extensive knowledge of the service providers and learning programs suitable for Telkom.
- Excellent Organization, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate leadership programs, or other programs such business related ( sales, customer service etc.) is a plus
- Thorough grounding in the sub-functions of HR as well as related HRIS systems.
- Experience in design of learning programs
- Thorough knowledge of competencies and skills assessments.
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 7th July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.