The Kenya ports authority is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for a one-year internship program.
The internship program is an effort by the Kenya Ports Authority in line with the Government Youth Initiative.
The Internship program is an annual program established some years ago to equip youths with modern on-hand experience.
Also, to prepare and help them thrive in their respective area of specialization
Area of Specialization
Prospective applicants are to apply in the following area of specialization as related to their field of study
- Terminal Engineering (4 p0sts)
- Container Terminal and conventional operation(4 p0sts)
- Information, Communication, and Technology(4 p0sts)
- Conventional Cargo Engineering(4 posts)
- Civil Engineering(4 posts)
- Port Electrical Engineering(4 p0sts)
- Civil Engineering,Projects Development and Management(4 p0sts)
- Marine Engineering(4 p0sts)
- Financial Accounting(2 p0sts)
- Safety Branch(2 p0sts)
- Procurement & supplies(2 p0sts)
- Port Logistic(2 p0sts)
- Human Resources(4 p0sts)
- Legal Services(2 p0sts)
- Human Resources(4 posts)
- Port Logistics(2 posts)
- Administration(1 post)
- Insurance(2 post)
- Corporate Affairs(1 p0sts)
- Corporate Development(1 post)
To qualify,amn applicant must;
1 Be a kenyan citizen not over the age of 34 years
2 Be an unemployed graduate from a recognized training institution who has completed a relevant diploma/degree course from a recognized institution and has not been exposed to work experience related to their area of study
3 Not have benefitted from a similar intership program
4 Not have exited fr0m formal employment
Applications for internship should be supported by the applicant’s university/college or related institution’s records/certificates/transcripts.
How to apply
Interested Applicants should submit their applications strictly on-line by visiting the kenya ports Authority careers portal https://kpa.co.ke/careers/pages/default.aspx.Applications should be received not later than 30th June 2020.