Department: Intelligence & Strategic Operations
Division: Information Exchange & Stakeholders Management
Section: Internal Stakeholders
Reports to: Chief Manager, Information Exchange & Stakeholders Management
Assistant Manager, Domestic Taxes – Information Exchange & Stakeholder Engagement
Assistant Manager, Customs – Information Exchange & Stakeholder Engagement
Region: Nairobi-Head Quarters
- Internal designing, developing and delivery of communication engagement and capacity building strategies and programs.
Tasks and outputs:
- Manage a team of professionals in the design, development and delivery of communication, engagement and capacity building strategies and programs to effectively manage stakeholders and resources.
- Represent the Authority at meetings, workshops and conferences to build and foster stakeholder relationships and provide accurate advice on the Authority’s services from the stakeholder viewpoint.
- Manage a team of multi-disciplinary specialists to deliver diverse and complex communications to internal stakeholders; monitor and appraise their work performance and facilitate their ongoing professional development.
- Manage change associated with the implementation of new department.
- Keep abreast of the work of other policy/program/department areas to ensure effective engagement.
- Plan and lead the implementation of integrated stakeholder engagement programs and initiatives to improve the Authority’s image.
- Design methods of monitoring stakeholders’ participation and experience with the department and the Authority at large.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Relations, Commerce, Mass Communication or related fields from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields is an added advantage.
- Post Graduate degree in Tax & Customs Administration is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership in Certification and registration with relevant professional bodies is an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- 5 years of progressive work experience.
- At least 2 years of management in a senior position.
- Competencies required for this Role
- Demonstrated extensive network capabilities.
- Possess good leadership, organization, planning and analytical skills.
- Focused and result oriented individual.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity.
- Generally well informed.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th June 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.