An international school based in Nairobi declared vacant the role of a Marketing Manager who is familiar with German language. The marketing manager will be reporting to the Head of Administration. He/She will also be responsible for the day to day marketing activities and long term marketing strategy for the school. This role requires close cooperation with the school’s management team, as well as with the school board.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITY
- Managing school events from inception to completion. This includes events both inside and outside of the school.
- Maintaining the school’s web based & social media platforms including the weekly school newsletter. This includes the content of the newsletter, graphics, proof reading and editing.
- Assisting in the day-to-day management and developing new content for these platforms. This includes its discussion forums and online communities, while ensuring that all the information is prepared in English and German.
- Preparing and implementing the short and long term marketing plan for the school
- Implementing a marketing and branding strategy for the school, taking into account its current profile within the community, sponsors.
- This strategy should strengthen and promote the school’s brand and effectively market the competencies to all appropriate departments.
- Developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with journalists, publishers and other key players in the circles and the mass media. This is with a view to raising school’s visibility locally and internationally.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the school community (parents). This includes the alumni portal, its environs and German speaking embassies, cultural institutions, universities in Germany, etc. As well as building relationships with other international schools/organizations. And outreach markets with creative PR concepts for current and future launch programs for continuously uplifting the school’s image.
- Utilising these contacts on a long term basis to earn sponsorships that will be beneficial to ongoing school projects.
- Developing a guideline on increasing sponsorship for the school. As well as planning and implementing timescales and methods on when to approach sponsors for various projects
- Managing and implementing a strategy of increasing school’s visibility within the local and expatriate communities via events, publications, meetings, etc.
- Developing selected communication materials, including brochures and graphic work to promote the school. this will include the graphic editing, proof-reading and copy editing
- Ensuring the smooth implementation of all communications, knowledge management, branding in coordination with the management team.
- Conducting any other assignments related to knowledge management, marketing, communications, branding as may be required. Overseeing the function of the School Shop including ordering of marketing material/branding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Public Relations or both.
- At least 2 years’ experience in coordinating events.
- At least 1-2 years of communications experience with a not-for-profit institution.
- Confident command of the German & English languages, orally and in writing.
- Strong media pitching and writing skills, with an emphasis on education and social media required.
- Demonstrated passion for media relations with a proven ability to secure visibility in the market.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.