Job Title: Project Accountant
Ref No: KNDC/07/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 60,000- 110,000 p.m
Terms of Service: 6- Month Contract, Renewable Subject to Satisfactory Performance
Department: Business Development & Innovation
Duty Station: Konza Technopolis
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Create project accounts in the accounting system;
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders;
- Authorize access to project accounts;
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts;
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project;
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project;
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project;
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses;
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports;
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings;
- Report on project profitability;
- Report on any opportunities for additional billings;
- Report regarding the remaining funding available for projects;
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers;
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers;
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers;
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers;
- Close out project accounts upon project completion;
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects;
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in job related area or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Professional qualifications;
- Proficiency in project accounting;
How to Apply
All applications should include the job title, job ref on the subject line of the application email and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to appear for interviews at an appropriate date and time in compliance with guidelines for management of COVID-19 as communicated by the Head of Public Service on directives for meetings and public gatherings. Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and copies of relevant certificates in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received before/on Wednesday 1st July 2020.
KoTDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Authority is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, women, youth, the marginalized and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.