Location: Mandera County, Kenya
Reports to: Project Manager
Contract Details: One (1) year Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability
of Funds & Performance
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be
responsible for development of BoQs of WASH infrastructure designs, supervision of all
construction and rehabilitation activities in the project areas.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed
technical drawings for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant
technical staff from the government authorities;
• Supervise and be responsible for all WASH the technical aspect for project
implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely,
efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering;
• Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development
of community ownership of the project;
• Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices
at the project site;
• Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the
effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for
• Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified
by the community and contractors;
• Facilitate and maintain a good professional relationship between RACIDA,
communities and contractors;
• Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Project Manager on the
infrastructure development activities;
• Oversee water purification procures at all water points.
• Oversee/support trainings to Water resource user Association reps and
community members on water point management and water handling.
• Attend and adequately represent RACIDA in Sub-County meetings/fora as may
be required as well as in layering with other actors handling USAID OFDA
• With the help of the Project Manager, develop and maintain weekly, monthly
plans and written comprehensive records of engineering work undertaken in the
project including site visits and reporting of work progress
• Participate and contribute as necessary towards RACIDA’s emergency response
as and when necessary.
Education Qualifications and key Competencies
• A Degree in Water Engineering, civil engineering or other related discipline;
• At least 3 years of experience in similar position/related;
• Professional experience in community WASH programs;
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in Word, excel, power point, outlook, access knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili are
• Experience in operating AutoCAD, Spreadsheet, Civil3d, Prokon softwares
• Experience in operating Dumpy level or Total Station tools
• Experience working in ASAL areas of Kenya. Preference will be given to
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover
Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “WASH Technical
Coordinator Kenya”. The closing date for applications is 5TH August,2020.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical
expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.ion.