You will be responsible for overseeing the purchase of company products and services, providing cost effective solutions and ensuring deliveries of goods and services are done on time and in full. Further, you will plan and lead negotiations with vendors for best value for the organization including evaluating proposals
In addition, you will contribute to improvement in quality and service through vendor management as well as managing reputational risk by ensuring required due diligence is done and key documents submitted during vendor selection and onboarding
- Conduct supply market analysis including identification of new vendors.
- Vendor engagement, proposal evaluation and negotiations.
- Award communication to vendors including regrets & contracts issuance as applicable
- Supplier liaison in the vendor on-boarding process ensuring all forms are filled and required documents provided and thereafter liaise with Finance for creation of the vendor in ERP
- PO creation and ensuring issuance to vendors.
- Manage the process of product codes creation in ERP
- Support timely purchase order fulfilment i.e. ensure delivery of goods and services are done on time and in full.
- Coordinate and report on the progress of shipments, logistics and local purchases.
- Check with respective internal customers that goods and services delivered meet the agreed standards and specifications.
- Conduct the asset disposal exercise
- Ensure compliance to all procurement policies and procedures as appropriate thus ensuring an efficient and auditable procurement trail
- Reporting: some of the reports to include, but not limited to open POs, vendor performance tracking (including OTIF), inactive vendors, spend analysis among others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Contract Management, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field
- 2-4 years’ work experience in a similar capacity in the FMCG sector, which involves high volume transactions.
- Advanced Diploma in Purchasing & Supply (CIPS Level 5)
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply systems and best procurement practices.
- Good financial acumen.
- Attentive to detail.
- Self-driven with a good business sense.
- Creative and proactive approach towards challenges.
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels with internal and external customers.
- Independent, resourceful and possess high drive to excel
- Understand the consumer & customer
- Build understanding of consumers/ customers/ suppliers/ stakeholders & leverage this understanding when making business decisions
- Build sustainable relationships with key stakeholders to shape the operating environment
- Address difficult issues proactively when dealing with stakeholders.
- Basic finance acumen
- Make commercial decisions that impact positively on both short- and long-term bottom line results
- Drive unnecessary costs out of the business
Collaboration & influence
- Actively listen and build positively on other ideas
- Exhibit trust, fairness and ethical awareness
- Promote ideas and influence in areas where you do not direct control or authority
- Attention to detail
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5