Pursuant to Part V Section 35 of the Universities Act 2012, Part IV Section 23 of the Kibabii University Charter, 2015 and Kibabii University Statutes 2020, the University invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant positions SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER III, GRADE AD 8.
Requirements for Appointment:
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement and Supply Chain Management; Purchasing and Supplies Management; Supply Chain Management;
- Procurement and Contract Management; Logistics and Supply Chain Management;
- Procurement and Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Must be registered with relevant professional body; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing purchase requisition;
- Providing input in preparing specifications;
- Inviting quotations;
- Providing input in tender opening and evaluation;
- Carrying out market surveys and research for prices of goods and services;
- Opening and evaluating quotations;
- Processing of purchase orders;
- Conducting inspections of goods and services;
- Recommending stores requisitions for issuing;
- Monitoring the movement of stores;
- Checking and verifying issue notes and invoices;
- Receiving and processing suppliers’ invoices for payment;
- Preparing of periodic stores returns;
- Establishing appropriate re-order level;
- Preparing requisitions for stocks replenishment;
- Participating in stock taking and reconciliation of record; and
- Complying with Procurement Regulations.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with 3 referees, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau;
- Criminal Investigation Department – (Certificate of Good Conduct);
All applications should be clearly marked with the referenced number of the advertised position and submitted as follows:
1. Six (6) hard Copies; and
2. Electronic scanned copies in PDF format (as one running document) to be sent to the
following e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EAT Monday 31st January, 2022.
The Six (6) hard Copies must be submitted on or before Monday 31st January, 2022 and be
The Vice Chancellor, Kibabii University,
P.O. Box 1699 – 50200,
Kibabii University – Main Campus
Administration Registry, Third Floor Room ABA 308
- Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
- The University does not charge any fee for the whole recruitment and selection exercise.
- Any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted