Operational Risk department exists within the Risk division. The role holder shall report to Group Chief Risk Officer with the responsibility of providing independent risk monitoring and key support to the various Risk committees; interact closely with Business units and champion effective enterprise-wide Risk management and Control including governance. The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of an integrated Operational Risk Management (ORM) Policy, the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Operational Risk management strategy in line with the Bank’s overall risk appetite.
- Develop an Operational Risk management framework as per Basel II & III accords and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement tools for identification and assessment to identify control, manage and measure enterprise – wide non-financial Risks as per the Group Operational Risk management policy.
- Develop a framework of incident and loss reporting (LDM) event magnitude and frequency measurement formulating lessons learnt and development of risk control recommendations.
- Design of the Bank’s Risk Control Self – Assessment (RCSA) framework incorporating qualitative and quantitative scores for management and control of Operational risks.
- Analysis of RCSA, LDM, audit report to build controls by mapping procedures and policies to comply with internal, statutory and regulatory requirement.
- Develop and keep actionable track on Bank-wide risk profile and develop operational risks reports for management and board to facilitate active Operational Risks oversight.
- Develop and maintain New Product / Process and Geographies implementation process.
- Establish comprehensive and continuous training program on various Risks that the Bank faces to embed knowledge of policies and procedures across the business.
- Set up advanced methods for calculation/ measurement of Operational Risk Capital.
- Review frequency and seriousness of breaches and significant increases in operational risk exposure to maintain Bank’s Risk tolerance levels.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have the following:
- Degree preferably in Business related field such as Economics, Finance & Accounting from University recognized by Commission for University Education. Master’s degree in a relevant field is added advantage.
- Professional Risk qualifications such as APRM / CRA / PRM/ FRM is required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in Banking of which one must have had a minimum of 5 years’ Senior Management experience in Risk Management.
- Demonstrable understanding of Business fundamentals and the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in Core Banking systems and a good understanding of process mapping and review to embed Key Control Standards.
- Good communication, presentation skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Must have awareness of current business trends, risks, challenges and opportunities
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 15 July 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.