Job Title: ICT Officer (Software & Application)
Ref No: KNDC/03/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 60,000- 110,000 p.m
Terms of Service: 6- Month Contract, Renewable Subject to Satisfactory Performance
Department: Business Development & Innovation
Duty Station: Konza Technopolis
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle;
- Improves operations in the data cener by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems in the data center;
- Ability to develop software using a variety of programming languages, and have excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation;
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications;
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines;
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch;
- Obtains and licenses software used in the data center by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products;
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users;
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors;
- Perform technical/ product training for salespeople, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts;
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements;
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in job related area or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Professional qualifications;
- Proficiency in software design, application development and programming principles;
How to Apply
All applications should include the job title, job ref on the subject line of the application email and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to appear for interviews at an appropriate date and time in compliance with guidelines for management of COVID-19 as communicated by the Head of Public Service on directives for meetings and public gatherings. Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and copies of relevant certificates in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received before/on Wednesday 1st July 2020.
KoTDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Authority is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, women, youth, the marginalized and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.