Job Title: ICT Officer (Facilities)
Ref No: KNDC/04/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 60,000- 110,000 p.m
Terms of Service: 6- Month Contract, Renewable Subject to Satisfactory Performance
Department: Business Development & Innovation
Duty Station: Konza Technopolis
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency;
- Assess/certify the power, cooling, space, and weight sizing requirements for new activities;
- Ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly;
iv. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures;
- Work with support service vendors to resolve conflicts and issues;
- Evaluate equipment logs and see to it that there are no unresolved problems and issues;
- Monitor activities, procedure, and utilization within the data center in order to maintain proper IT policies and to comply with the regulation;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in job related area or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Professional qualifications. Applicants in possession of any of the following, will have an added advantage i.e. HCIA- Data Center Facility, HCIP- Data Center Facility and HCIE- Data Center;
- Proficiency in data center facilities;
How to Apply
All applications should include the job title, job ref on the subject line of the application email and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to appear for interviews at an appropriate date and time in compliance with guidelines for management of COVID-19 as communicated by the Head of Public Service on directives for meetings and public gatherings. Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and copies of relevant certificates in PDF format to email@example.com
All applications should be received before/on Wednesday 1st July 2020.
KoTDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Authority is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, women, youth, the marginalized and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.